Sometimes you have to make hard choices: sacrificing your crew members may be bad, but ticking off your stockholders could be worse. In A Cog in the Cosmic Machine, you are an AI transporting cargo through the dangers of space and capitalism. The only constant in space is value. Construct and modify your ship in preparation for your journey; manage your resources effectively to survive the long trip safely to port. Explore a branching narrative as you make tough decisions, navigate crew tensions, and balance the value of human lives with the value of cold, hard capital.
As a Designer, I worked on...
- Game progression design documents
- Designed the Radio concept
- Character interactions and conversations
- Crew payment
- Crew morale concept
- Multiple endings and how to get them
- Event timer concept
- Event balancing in regards to stat outcomes
- Campaign, job, and event Implementation in engine